Improve your experience
My experience in the corporate world, holding down a demanding job with long hours and constant deadlines, and having a young family, means that I have an unusual insight for a cycling coach into the demands of balancing training, work and family life. If you love cycling, want to improve your riding, take on some amazing events, go on an adventure or race then we are the coaches for you.
Hiring a Coach is not just for elite, national standard athletes. Here at Propello we embrace the socially inclusive and democratic nature of cycling and have developed a range of coaching services to suit a variety of abilities and budgets.
There are very few riders who can objectively self coach and fully realise their potential – believe me, even our coaches have coaches to help with their training. Anyone can do some workouts and rides and become fitter. But have you ever wondered how good you could actually become?
A professional cycle coach will be able to write better training plans, assess your strengths and weaknesses in a far more objective way and critically optimise your training so that you perform amazingly at your events and races. A good coach will be able to:
- Design a training plan that addresses your key strengths and weaknesses.
- React to changes in fitness and modify training.
- Help you through periods of poor health.
- Avoid injury and overtraining.
- Adapt your training to fit around work and family life.
- Provide emotional support when things get tough.
- Choose races and events that suit you as a rider.
- Provide objective analysis of results.
In my experience self coached riders tend to:
- Just focus on the elements of their cycling that they are already good at.
- Don’t react to changes and just keep doing the same thing time and time again.
- Try and train through periods of illness.
- Train too hard, too early and become injured.
- Are not realistic with their time demands.
- Tend not to talk to anyone when things don’t work out as planned or get tough.
- Choose unsuitable races and events given their physiology and strengths and weaknesses.
- Rarely analyse results.
Whatever you want to get out of your cycling we are here to help.