A Unique Coaching Experience
We are a small coaching group focused on our clients’ experience, not building a big business. We think that enjoyment, fun and fulfilment should be at the forefront of every amateur cyclists’ training. We coach at all levels and all ages, from first time sportive riders to National Champions and GB representatives, from teenagers to septuagenarians! We have years of riding and coaching experience and have raced and ridden all over the world.
Coaching has to be more than delivering good training plans which are readily available on the internet for modest cost or even free. What is 100% clear to us is that the training we prescribe to you has to be totally individual and that means we consider things that are unique to you when we design your plan.
Clearly your strengths and weaknesses should be at the very heart of your training plan but that’s pretty simple to diagnose and remedy. If you are going to race or enter a tough event then the physiological demands of that event will be a fundamental input to your plan. Any coach worth a monthly fee should be able to deliver this to you. The planning of your training season and building the specific workouts is not rocket science.
We understand that we have to offer you something of real value that is hard to replicate. Our focus has, and always will be on delivering cutting edge and engaging training plans with the best client service in the industry. That means we are highly responsive to your communications, we talk to you regularly and provide you with what you want and need in a timely manner.
“Above all, we aim to provide the best client experience from any coaching company in the World.” Rob Wakefield – Founder
We also understand that coaching is about building a relationship with you, understanding your needs, how you want to train, and making sure that you get out of it what you want.
Our Individual Coaching Experience is as individual as you are. We invest time to get to know you. We have a laser like focus on your individual objectives and goals. Every training plan is uniquely designed. We don’t have different tiers, everyone gets the same high quality service and we limit how many clients each coach works with.
This is how we set it up:
- First up we get to know you, your lifestyle, job, family commitments and your history in cycling and sport more generally.
- We will agree a goal or set of goals that are important to you. The goals might be specific or might be more nebulous. Whatever works for you.
- Your individual training plan will be specific to your goals. For example, if your goal is to be at peak fitness for a big sportive, then your training will be planned to ensure that you reach a fitness peak, that matches the demand of your event, at the right time. If your goal is to maintain a good overall level of fitness at all times, then your plan will work on all the fitness abilities concurrently, maintaining a more constant level of training.
- Your preferred style of training will be taken into consideration. Indoor, outdoor, Zwift races, favourite routes, road, MTB, Gravel……….you choose how you want to train and keep motivated.
- We take into consideration your strengths, areas for improvement, lifestyle and other sports.
- We build you a totally unique training plan that can be as structured or flexible as you want.
This is how it works:
- We provide you with Training Peaks Premium which is the software application we use to manage your training and track your progress.
- Your training will planned, reviewed and progressed every 2 weeks after a video call with your coach.
- We will read every comment you leave on Training Peaks and respond to your feedback within 24hrs.
- We offer you unlimited coach support and contact (there must be a limit but no client has ever found it yet!).
- We help you select races and events and make sure that you are fully prepared.
- We provide you with nutrition guidelines.
- We can provide a specific cycling strength and conditioning plan with our partner Steve at The Fitness Hub.
- You gain access to our new Training Library. This is where we offer you the opportunity to go ‘off grid’ for a period of time so that you are not always a slave to a structured training plan. This is a totally voluntary experience but one we believe will help maintain a heathy relationship with training and fitness, both physically and mentally.
- You have the option to upgrade to WK05 training and analysis software to individualise your training to your unique physiological profile.
Connect with us by hitting the button below and we can discuss your exact requirements and our fees.
Our Private Coaching Experience offers individuals or small groups, face to face coaching covering:
- Cycling skill development.
- Cycling performance tests.
- Private consultations.
- Wattbike training sessions.
- Mobility and strength assessment.
- Nutrition consultation.
Private Coaching fees are £45 per hour
Club Training Plans
Stand-alone Club Cycling Training Plans, are designed for groups or individuals that seek an effective and time efficient Cycling Training Plan with no ongoing coach support. Our Club Training System is a 44 week training plan delivered in 8 blocks of 4 weeks progressive training, followed by a 12 week maintenance plan. Our system is a proven method of building a deep level of all round cycling fitness and maintaining it throughout the summer period They can be purchased on our Training Peaks Store.