I trust that this reaches you all in good health and optimistic spirits.
The current situation that we find ourselves in has prompted many of us to reflect on our lives and consider the things that we really value. My personal experience has been one of quite deep reflection both in terms of the things I want to do with my life going forwards, but also how I want to see our service as a business progress.
What is 100% clear to me is that the training we prescribe to you has to be totally individual and that means we consider things that are unique to you when we design your plan. Clearly your strengths and weaknesses should be at the very heart of your training plan but that’s pretty simple to diagnose and remedy. If you are going to race or enter a tough event then the physiological demands of that event will be a fundamental input to your plan. Any coach worth a monthly fee should be able to deliver this to you.
What can we deliver that adds more value to you? What is it that we can do as a small company that others might find hard to replicate? After all, if you just need training plans you can sign up to Zwift for £12.99 a month and work your way through their library of training plans.
Last year our focus was on improving your coaching experience from a client service perspective. We were determined not to be a coach that provided slow responses to feedback and questions, irregular or hard to arrange review sessions and stale and repetitive training plans. Right from the outset we made a big effort to make your training sessions fun without gimmicking them up and losing the focus of what they are trying to achieve. Next we worked hard to make sure that we were very responsive and gave you what you wanted and needed in a timely manner.
Now we want to take the next step to improve further your experience of being coached by us. We have taken the decision that from July we will focus all off our attention on our Individual Coaching experiences. Furthermore we are going to improve what we offer by adding in much more interaction and flexibility to include:
- Your training will be planned and reviewed every 2 weeks.
- You will get a review video call with your coach every 2 weeks which will be diarised in advance (to make sure that they happen!). This is where we will decide how to progress the training for the next two weeks.
- Your preferred style of training will be taken into consideration. Indoor, outdoor, Zwift, favourite routes, road, MTB, Gravel……….
- We will agree a goal or set of goals that are important to you and review progress every two weeks. The goals might be specific or might be more nebulous. Whatever works for you.
- Your individual training plan will be specific to your goals. For example, if your goal is to be at peak fitness for a big sportive, then your training will be planned to ensure that you reach a fitness peak, that matches the demand of your event, at the right time. If your goal is to maintain a good overall level of fitness at all times, then your plan will work on all the fitness abilities concurrently maintaining a more constant level of training.
- We are also introducing our new ‘Training Library’ concept. This is where we offer you the opportunity to go ‘off grid’ for a period of time so that you are not always a slave to a structured training plan. We will make available in Training Peaks a library of our latest stock of workouts and rides for you to dip into when you feel like organising your own training for a period of time. Nothing will change with your coach interaction and we will provide you with ‘Guiding Notes’ to help you make good decisions about what training to maintain. This will be a totally voluntary experience but one we believe will help maintain a heathy relationship with training and fitness, both physically and mentally.
We are really pleased to be able to offer this improvement to our coaching experience. We have undertaken a thorough review of our competitors and are excited to offer what we feel is a truly differentiated and premium service.
If you are thinking about being coached, we would be delighted to work with you, to help you get the most out of your cycling in a way that works for you and is a lot of fun.
Please check out the new Coaching page on our website and please do get in touch. We coach at all levels and all ages, from first time sportive riders to National Champions and GB representatives, from teenagers to septuagenarians! We have years of riding and coaching experience and have raced and ridden all over the world.
Thank you for your support and we send our best wishes to you